Happy 6th Birthday Payton!
For school, Payton wanted me to bring in chocolate chip cookies. So I told her, okay how about I go to Paradise Bakery and get a bunch. And she said, no mom, yours are much better. I want you to make some. Wow, what a compliment! So here she is in her class passing out my homemade chocolate chip cookies! And we couldn't forget the milk!
The other day we were talking about how, when she goes to school all day she can buy lunch at school sometimes. Her response was this: (these need to be read with humor! remember she is just 6!)
Well, Colby says the food is mostly Mexican food.
I said oh really, how does he know?
She said- because he said there are a lot of Mexicans at my school. :)
Then in the same conversation she furrowed her brows and said-
It is so crazy Mom, like half of my school is Mormon and the other half is Mexican!
I had to laugh!
Last night- She was going to bed and Owen had put his dirty clothes from that day in her hamper. I was down stairs and she yells mom, Owen put his dirty clothes in my hamper.
-I said- so, that is fine
and she said- Nooooo now my clothes are going to smell like boy!
This is because i recently moved her out of her room and in a different room so that the boys can share the jack and jill bath. She was not very happy about this and it took some convincing. I told her since she was the only girl she was going to be so happy to have her own space and not be by the gross boys. Well, she has really taken this to heart and now boys are smelly and gross! I hope that lasts a while since this is what she said to me the the other day after school-
Mom, a girl in my class has a boyfriend. He is in the first grade. They first met at Costco and they see each other at Target!
I wish I could have recorded her voice when she told me this. It was so funny, she was so serious and it was like she was telling their life story at their wedding or something! So Funny!
I love that you write down what your kids say. I started doing that awhile ago too, and it is so fun to read them later. Happy Birthday Payton!
ReplyDeleteAmy, I finally got on your private blog and just sat and read all of it. I absolutely loved every bit of it. Payton and Owen are so darling, and I wish I could see them more. I feel like my great grandchildren who live away don't even really know who I am. You're so talented to take all the pictures and post them and post their cute comments. Love you.
ReplyDelete