Saturday, May 28, 2016

Carpinteria 2016- Tide Pools

This year for Carpinteria we decided to share an RV with our friends the Taylors. It was such a good idea!! The kids had a blast, and it was great for the adults to have beds and the kids to be out in a tent! The first morning we heard that the tide was extra low so we walked to the tide pools. I absolutely love tide pools. I remember as a kid being fascinated by all the creatures. I wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up. Anyway, we actually found a huge star fish. I couldn't believe it. It was the first time I had ever even seen a star fish in the wild. I think I was more excited than the kids. This one was even eating a muscle. It was very cool. There were a ton of sea cucumbers and Gavin got to hold some sort of sea slug. They kids had a great time exploring!










































No comments:

Post a Comment